Still house shopping, so Jonathan's mostly learning on his own. We did some activities for Groundhog Day, though. First thing this morning we checked to see what the weather would be for the next six weeks and Jonathan was delighted that Punxsutawney Phil had seen his shadow. He hasn't gotten to make a snowman yet this year, between the sparse (and not snowman-buildable) snows we've had and his being too sick to go out in the one snowman-worthy snow that we have had. So yeah, he was psyched.
We read about the history of Groundhog Day, fog, and a bit of meteorology. I printed out a word search for him and we colored some groundhogs, some who had seen their shadow and some who had not.
He's been freaking me out with more spontaneous multiplication and division, mostly using his LEGOs:
Mom, if I make these cells out of these individual molecules, and there are 4 molecules in each cell, and I only have 20 molecules, then I can only make five cells. Weird.
FYI: molecules are individual LEGOs, in case that didn't come across.
He's mostly over this latest bout of ick, and Benjamen's a couple days behind him, clearing up, but still snuffly and coughing alot. Nicholas is in the thick of it, complete with nose bubbles that put Bazooka to shame, a deep, wet, chesty cough, but his spirits haven't been dampened, and he hasn't had any fever.
So, between the ickies and the house hunting/lender wrangling, I've not put alot of effort into planned activities. Jonathan's doing tons of self-directed stuff, scads of reading, and loads of playing, though, and dragging Benjamen along for the journey, so it's all good.
Monday, February 02, 2004
at 4:33 PM