Friday, September 24, 2004

Catch-up

Jonathan finished his udjat eye.

We finished Jabberwocky and now he's starting to copy the first verses of The Berry-Queen from Flower Fairies of the Autumn by Cicely Mary Barker. After he finished them today, we put them in his notebook and he was looking through the first verses of Jabberwocky that he had copied. He suddenly threw his arms around me and thanked me for teaching him how to write so much better. He had seen those first attempts he had made in the beginning and was overcome with pride in how far he's come, I think. I told him that he had done all of the practicing and that I was happy that he liked the results of his practice.

Jonathan also wrote two poems of his own today. They're nonsense poems a la Lewis Carroll.

Benjamen is on lesson 10 in 100 Easy Lessons.

It's time for bed. Yawn.