Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Turkey Day

We're gearing up for Thanksgiving. I have lots of prep work to do, today. I did some yesterday while the boys watched a movie about Squanto (social studies) and another about the Potomac (earth science). J also plowed through all of his history books yesterday, so I've no idea what we're going to do for history today and Friday. I suppose we'll finish up out map work, do a narration or two, and maybe review the chapter. We're studying Charles Martel and Charlemagne right now and he's read scads of the Perrault fairy tales.

Today I plan to go ahead with math, this morning (the subject that requires the most mom-participation). Then I can do some prep while he works on spelling. I've got leftover pizza for lunch, so that won't demand alot of my time, today. He can do his grammar and writing on his own, with me working in the kitchen close-by to field questions. Then, this afternoon, we'll do an history narration and our map work. A little Latin review before dinner, and we're done!

I have to bake rolls for tomorrow, put together an olive/pickle/cheese/cracker/fruit/nut tray for them to snack on in lieu of a proper lunch tomorrow, fry meatballs for tonight's dinner, finish my cheese ball for the aforementioned tray, bake the pumpkin pie, and sugar my pecans (also for the tray). Think I can get it all done?