Easy Like Sunday Morning
This morning D* is working overtime. I was surfing this morning and followed a link from a CNN article on the discrepancy between national and state test scores to a sample test and asked JP* if he wanted to do it for fun. He did and took a 20 question 4th grade mathematics test. Looking over his results, the computer said he got one wrong, but when I looked at the question, it was the computer that had gotten it wrong. We wrote them and reported the mistake. I love that his first foray into standardized testing resulted in his learning this valuable lesson. He got a perfect score on the 4th grade science section, too. I was surprised at how simple the questions were.
We're playing today, and JP* has loads of science experiments he wants to do. We're making a model of the expanding universe using a balloon and we're making a poster of the Ptolomeic model of the solar system.
Sunday, March 05, 2006
at 8:12 AM