Wednesday, January 07, 2004

We didn't do the tea party yesterday. The boys asked to read Blueberries for Sal about ten times and then were asking about blueberry foods, so we ended up making blueberry muffins instead. They were (are) delicious, though Benjamen picked out all of the blueberries. He can't abide food with different textures. If it's a muffin, it better be a muffin through and through, and none of this bits-of-fruit business to muck things up for him.

We did some play-along songs yesterday and the boys loved it. I'm thinking we have to look up a tape or CD at the library with lots of those types of songs for them.

This morning they helped me make some black currant scones for the tea party this afternoon. After the tea party I'm planning to read the tea party scene from Alice in Wonderland to them. I'm not foolish enough to read it to them beforehand and give them any ideas. Heh.